Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 7 - Lets Try Another Linky Thing

OK, Patty!  If you can see through the pain, I can walk you through this.

You should see the blue button below this somewhere in this post. Click on it and just add the info it asks for. aIt should be on the left bottom, but above the photos if other people have added their links.Everyone else, do the same!




Day 7 is working with stencils. I had no stencil material so I got creative, dug a notebook out of the trash and used the plastic cover for my stencil. It was a bit thick but I used my new sharp rotary cutter to make the slashes.

I decided on a sun stencil since it is the Summer Solstice and I wanted to celebrate the sun and the heat while I stenciled away.

 Some things work out well, some things don't. And somethings have bassets happen to them.

 Nuff said.

 I gathered my supplies, which included a box of Setacolor paints I have had since the beginning of time. I found a
paintbrush, loaded the cup pourer I use for the iron, and headed outside to paint. Once I made sure there were no snakes that would be jumping out at me, we live in Louisiana you know, I settled down with my red and my yellow and my little cup of water. OOPS! too much water in the red, oh well, try to do better on the yellow. Not much but a bit better. That is OK, watery is fine.

 Maybe. I began painting in my yellow sun and the bassets came over and drank all my water. It is not like they don't have 5 bowls of water already, they had to have mine.

 Then I was painting in the red center a basset sat on my parsley I just planted last week. I yelled veiled curses at him and he moved off, stepping on the poor parsley with each short, misshapen foot. 

When I looked back at my suns, I decided there was too much water. They are drying in the sun. Befitting for a sun portrait on the Summer Solstice.

 And the bassets are no longer thirsty.

1 comment:

  1. Your post reads like a variation of, "the dog ate my homework." :-)

    For me, if I make the effort and/or try something new, I consider it a successful project, no matter how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please also visit my other blog at
www.quiltswissy.blogspot.com for more fabric and quilting information.