Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 10 and Day 11 Combined with little effort!

I had a bad day physically yesterday so I didn't get anything done on my 365.  I set out to catch up and found these two days combined very easily!

I can envision Sophie's feathers floating down an idyllic river, or Caroline collaging a beautiful blue lake reflecting the brilliant teal sky.

I went for utilitarian!

Day 10 was the water day.  I use distilled water in my iron because it has none of the minerals that can clog up those little holes in the sole plate.  I have needed to add it to the grocery list for, like, two weeks and I keep
forgetting.  I only remembered this time because they stacked a huge pile of bottled water near the exit door!  So 96 cents later, I owned water.

Since I am a total klutz, I have three Tonic Water bottles that hold the water in smaller units to
make it easier to pour into the iron.  They are quite attractive and may make a nice art quilt piece.  Hmm.  I will have to see about that.

Day 11 is working with your non-dominant hand.  I am right handed so I took the camera and manipulated it with my left hand.  Not so easy to do, mind you.

The first thing I did was hit the wrong button and turn the whole thing off!  I re-ignited it and see that I was a little off on the straight!

I then switched the gallon jug over to my left hand, and overpoured the smaller bottle by a bunch.  Do you know what a funnel does when there is no more room in the bottle?

It slowly pours out the water all over the countertop, the dishwasher and the floor.  Looks like musical notes on that towel. I wonder what song it might play!

But luckily, I had Bassets underfoot and they took care of the excess water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please also visit my other blog at
www.quiltswissy.blogspot.com for more fabric and quilting information.