Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 13 - Tea

Oolong Tea has properties that cleanse the liver.  So I generally have a cup or glass a day.  I will pop a tea bag into my measuring cup full of 2 cups of water and let the tea bag sit for 3-5 minutes.  If you like bitter tea, you can let the tea bag sit and soak its goodness until you finish your drink.

I saved my bag from yesterday, knowing I would be playing with it today.  And it still was not dry!


Here are my tools:  tea bag, ice pick and light colored plate on a clean (even if it doesn't look it) tea towel!

I appreciate my ability to move tiny tea leaves around on a plate with my ice pick and ultimately my fingers.  Tea leaves stick to everything.



Here is where I started from.  A mighty pile of sticky tea leaves.  Even now, I had tea leaves everywhere!

Simple blocks first.  Half Square Triangle.  HST, the workhorse of the quilt world.  Wait, this might just be the Drunkard's Path.  It is hard to tell in tea leaves!





Yep, that was the Drunkard's Path, this is the HST workhorse.








A Nine Patch.  How many of these have I made?  Millions!  Well,  maybe not millions, but a lot.  They are great second blocks, leaving the first block to take the glory.  They are very versatile, filling in places where you have no idea what to do next!





Oh, the Rail Fence.  This block is also a staple basic.  If you turn them on point you get a really nice zig zag!







The Block in a Block.  Nice to use in a Signature Quilt, or if you  want a wonky look you can make the edges uneven.  Sort of like my block here!

1 comment:

  1. Oolong is one of my favorite teas! :) Quilted oolong... that would be way cool. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please also visit my other blog at
www.quiltswissy.blogspot.com for more fabric and quilting information.