Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 6 - The Lowly Orange Elevates

I have a huge pile of oranges on my table right now.  So when I walked into the kitchen it was literally the first fruit I saw!  And wow, where he took me!

Oranges and fabric, how was that going to collide?  As I studied the orange I randomly grabbed from the pile, I noticed it actually had a face!  Like a little old Croatian lady for some reason.

When I was young, my mother made all our clothes.  And with the leftover fabrics she would make a babushka.  You know, those triangles with tie stings that you wore on your head.   Well, every dress I had had its own matching babushka!  I hated them.

But that is just what this little Croatian Orange Lady needed.

That was way too easy!  I needed more for my new orange pal...........So he got a wig of vintage black and white houndstooth.


And in honor of Noah Scalin, inventor of this 365: Journal of Creativity, my orange friend got a skull tattoo.

And haven't you heard, Orange Loves Company?  Here he is fraternizing with my large orange rick rack.  On top of my orange fountain.

Here, showing his manly side, Orange Guy is acting rustic.
Or heavy metal.  One of the two, he proves he is a wild and crazy guy!

LOL........am I the only one old enough to understand that one?

Now I have to go eat him since I stuck pins all in him.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! Please also visit my other blog at
www.quiltswissy.blogspot.com for more fabric and quilting information.