Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 16 - Stamping

I need a project bag for my knitting.  Perfect.  I will use Day 16 to stamp me one.

I gathered my supplies.  I had a bit of foam left from the last set of stamps I made with Ann Johnson.  (love that lady).  And I used my kitchen shears to make some thin strips that could be made into leaves.



I mixed a color with my Setacolor paints.  A small paintbrush from my watercolor days worked well in getting the paint on the stamp.

I rather liked the stamp, and will revisit the idea when I have more time.  Right now, I needed it to dry.



The sun was shining so it went out on a freshly trimmed leggy ligustrum
poodle bush.



I have an overabundance of scraps so i trimmed a handful down to 1 inch and made the backing for the project bag.  I used a scrap of flannel as the batting because I didn't want this to be stiff.



Hey, I did throw away the trimmings, it was hard but I did it.





I wanted a zipper so my stuff would not fall out, and I thought of that too late so I had to invent a new way of putting in a zipper.  Needless to say, I did not hide my inside seams.  But that is fine, it is for me, and I like it.

I REALLY love the red zipper with the yellow and green print!


I added a pocket to the inside, THEN thought about quilting the stamped side, phooey.  (But that is not really the word I said.)

Here is the inside, with the nice big pocket.


PS - remember the tiny book I made for Carrie's birthday.......well McGee ate it yesterday.  I found it today..........



2 comments:

  1. I love your stamp and the bag is pretty great, too, The red zipper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scrappy zip bag! Zesty colors. Poor McGee (naughty boy!), hope he is feeling better. You will have to make Carrie a new book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please also visit my other blog at
www.quiltswissy.blogspot.com for more fabric and quilting information.