Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 15 - Dollar


Today we look at what we can do with a dollar.  I thought about the value of a dollar and what it can buy, fabric wise, of course.

I took John Quincy to The Purple Cow to find me some bargains!

There is an area  of the shop where the stuff that doesn't sell goes to bargain basement prices.  99 cents!  Just under a dollar, yeah, buddy.

It says Women's Tops but I found an EX L Men's shirt of 100% cotton.  I check labels!

This wonderful piece is going home with me in exchange for my dollar coin.

Let's see how much fabric is in this piece.  Way more than you think!

Start with a nice sharp scissors and cut off both sleeves.  Long sleeves are even more fabric!

I use the rotary cutter to cut away all the seams and hems.  Sometimes I can get an extra two inches if the piece has a deep
hem across the bottom.



Save all the buttons!

There are many buttons in the
seams as well.

 These are what a deconstructed shirt looks like.  The seams are tossed to the garbage.  The usable portions equal about 3/4 of a yard.

All for a single dollar!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please also visit my other blog at
www.quiltswissy.blogspot.com for more fabric and quilting information.